maven-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 3.2.0 Bug Scrub
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2014 16:02:05 GMT
* http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-5378 Use m-s-u in core

    ACTION: krosenv to provide status update

* http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-5353 Ignore pre-releases in exclusive
upper bound [lw,up)

    ACTION: jvzyl will we be upping Aether to M4, in which case that will
expose an alternative version range syntax that resolves this issue... OTOH
that new syntax may cause issues for existing pom readers... in which case
this becomes a push back to 4.x

* http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-5356 Make encrypt/decrypt logic
pluggable

    Seems like something that could be in scope. Any takers?

* http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-5389 AbstractMavenLifecycleParticipant
need a afterSessionEnd

    ACTION: jvzyl to provide status update

* http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3092 Version ranges with non-snapshot
bounds can contain snapshot versions

    Do we have a decision as to what we will do with this one? It is one of
the longest discussions we have...

On 7 January 2014 15:55, Stephen Connolly
<stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com>wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> * http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-426 create "maxmem" setting for
>> all plugins to refer to
>>
>>     I think this is now out of scope for core... but I would be
>> interested in what others think
>>
>> * http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-683 Lifecycle mappings should
>> specify phase bindings in terms of general functionality type
>>
>>     This issue seems DOA at present... do we want to push it out again?
>>
>> * http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-841 Support customization of
>> default excludes
>>
>>     The issue as currently written seems to imply a pom format change...
>> OTOH this could be handled by a standard property name. Probably more an
>> issue for plugins that slurp directories or for the plexus utils that do
>> this.
>>
>> * http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-193 symmetry for outputs of a
>> plugin
>>
>>     Sounds like this is a Move to 4.x issue
>>

>> On 7 January 2014 15:39, Stephen Connolly <
>> stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> * http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2381 Improved control over the
>>> repositories in the POM
>>>
>>>     Unsure what the ask is here
>>>
>>> * http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-4506 Split site deployment URLs
>>> into release vs. snapshot, just like artifacts
>>>
>>>     Moved to 4.x bucket as requires pom model change
>>>
>>> * http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3474 Add parameter --internet to
>>> test Internet access with and without using proxy defined in settings.xml
>>>
>>>     Any takers... looks like a nice small feature to add
>>>
>>> * http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3879 Dependency map and
>>> documentation
>>>
>>>     Moved to 4.x bucket as requires a pom model change
>>>
>>>     ACTION: bmargulies - split the issue and rename existing issue so
>>> that the pom change is the title
>>>
>>> * http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-4171 The XML resulting from a
>>> property of java.util.Properties is a lot more clumsy than that for Map
>>>
>>>     Unsure what the ask is here... seems like it's really a plexus
>>> compatibility layer issue
>>>
>>> * http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-4622 Throw Validation Error if
>>> pom contains a dependency with two different versions.
>>>
>>>     I think we risk breaking too much with this one, we already emit the
>>> warning, and my view is that we should consider this as a POM specification
>>> change... it was poor specification in 4.0.0 that lead to permitting
>>> duplicate versions of the same dependency... OTOH for dependencies which
>>> are resources, there may be legitimate reasons for two versions of the same
>>> dependency... e.g. two versions of jquery webjars to be included in a webapp
>>>
>>> * http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2893 Update the
>>> DefaultPluginManager to not use a project depMan for controlling it's
>>> transitive dependencies
>>>
>>>     Seems like a legitimate bug we should consider?
>>>
>>> * http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2916 Default message and profile
>>> help messages
>>>
>>>    Moved to 4.x bucket as requires pom model change

POM

that