maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@takari.io>
Subject Re: 3.2.0 Bug Scrub
Date Sat, 18 Jan 2014 16:34:54 GMT
I don't think you want the CI element propagating. In the case of a multi-module project you're
likely only to have one CI job for that set of projects. I don't think it makes sense to inherit
this. In our lineage for all the Maven projects it probably would work, or be useful, to inherit
anything. We need to define the jobs in each project and I wouldn't want to try to guess inheritance
rules for various CI systems. We'll end up with the same nonsense trying to inherent SCM path
elements.

So I would say close MNG-2807 as won't fix.

Mailing lists is debatable. I don't really have a strong opinion.

On Jan 17, 2014, at 11:04 AM, Robert Scholte <rfscholte@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Regarding MNG-3124 (Inherit mailing lists from parent POM) and MNG-2807 (ciManagement
from parent is not merging with children)
> See MavenModelMerger[1]. This class extends the ModelMerger[2], a class which is a handcrafted
class as if it was generated by modello.
> It seems like Benjamin wanted wanted to change the default behavior of the ModelMerger
for some good reason.
> So it seems intended, maybe we need to dig a bit deeper to find out the actual reason.
>
> Robert
>
> [1] https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven.git;a=blob;f=maven-model-builder/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/model/merge/MavenModelMerger.java;hb=HEAD
> [2] https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven.git;a=blob;f=maven-model/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/model/merge/ModelMerger.java;hb=HEAD
>

> Op Fri, 17 Jan 2014 12:41:40 +0100 schreef Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com>:
>
>> Done... we are now down to 17 issues still in scope for 3.2.0
>>

>> On 17 January 2014 11:38, Stephen Connolly
>> <stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> OK, 4 days and no objections... these are being pushed out of scope for
>>> 3.2.0

evil in my view.

I've written

Olivier,

> [...]
> [...]