maven-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Maven SCM 1.9 (take 2)
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2013 01:47:55 GMT
On 3 December 2013 11:18, Stephen Connolly
<stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>> > a0fdae255eebc2dfbd0f973073f7c97284b5f9f9.
>> >
>> > * The source bundle does not build.
>> >
>> > If I look at the difference between the tag and the source bundle I see
>> the
>> > following:
>> >
>> > < DEPENDENCIES
>> >> >

>> maven-scm-providers/maven-scm-providers-cvs/maven-scm-provider-cvs-commons/src/test/resources/checkoutdir/CVS/Entries
>> >> >

>> maven-scm-providers/maven-scm-providers-cvs/maven-scm-provider-cvs-commons/src/test/resources/checkoutdir/CVS/Entries.Extra
>> >> >

>> maven-scm-providers/maven-scm-providers-cvs/maven-scm-provider-cvs-commons/src/test/resources/checkoutdir/CVS/Entries.Extra.Old
>> >> >

>> maven-scm-providers/maven-scm-providers-cvs/maven-scm-provider-cvs-commons/src/test/resources/checkoutdir/CVS/Entries.Old
>> >> >

>> maven-scm-providers/maven-scm-providers-cvs/maven-scm-provider-cvs-commons/src/test/resources/checkoutdir/CVS/Repository
>> >> >

>> maven-scm-providers/maven-scm-providers-cvs/maven-scm-provider-cvs-commons/src/test/resources/checkoutdir/CVS/Root
>> >> >

>> maven-scm-providers/maven-scm-providers-cvs/maven-scm-provider-cvs-commons/src/test/resources/checkoutdir/CVS/Template
>> >> >

>> maven-scm-providers/maven-scm-providers-cvs/maven-scm-provider-cvsexe/src/test/repository/CVSROOT/.cvsignore
>> >> >

>> maven-scm-providers/maven-scm-providers-cvs/maven-scm-provider-cvsexe/src/test/tck-repository/CVSROOT/.cvsignore
>> >> >

>> maven-scm-providers/maven-scm-providers-cvs/maven-scm-provider-cvsjava/src/test/repository/CVSROOT/.cvsignore
>> >> >

>> maven-scm-providers/maven-scm-providers-cvs/maven-scm-provider-cvsjava/src/test/tck-repository/CVSROOT/.cvsignore
>> >> >

>> maven-scm-providers/maven-scm-providers-cvs/maven-scm-provider-cvstest/src/main/resources/repository/CVSROOT/.cvsignore
>> >> >

>> maven-scm-providers/maven-scm-providers-cvs/maven-scm-provider-cvstest/src/main/resources/tck-repository/CVSROOT/.cvsignore
>> >> >

>> maven-scm-providers/maven-scm-providers-git/maven-scm-provider-jgit/.gitignore
>> >
>> > The DEPENDENCIES, LICENSE & NOTICE files are not in SCM but we have still
>> > not received a clear response from Legal as to whether this is required,
>> > only the stated opinions. So these being missing from the tag are not a
>> > current issue from my perspective.
>> >
>> > On the other hand, the default excludes are removing the CVS and SCM test
>> > data from the bundle. As the bundle is what we are actually voting on I
>> > think this is a clear -1...
>> build fine with: mvn install -DskipTests :P
>

> For me to vote +1 it has to work with `verify` if you need to go as far as
> `install` you'll not get my vote ;-)
>

>> Looks to be a serious problem for all people building from distributed
>> sources even if no one complain with all scm previous releases....
>>
>> I will have a look if it's possible to not use default exclude pu. But
>> if too complicated (maybe need a new assembly release) that will be
>> definitely out of my motivation.
>

> Well I'll not (and I can't anyway) stop this release if you can round up
> enough +1's... I'm just not going to be one of them

For some reasons I don't understand yet why defaultExclude=false
doesn't work for CVS directories.

BTW I definitely understand we need to ensure folks can build scm cvs
artifacts from sources....

But as I don't want to waste too much time on this cvs part.
If I cannot find a quick workaround, I will stop acting as a rm.

--
Olivier Lamy
Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au