maven-dev mailing list archives

From Barrie Treloar <baerr...@gmail.com>
Subject Release Instructions: Unified or Simpler Mono-Module (was Re: svn commit: r1549574 - /maven/skins/trunk/maven-skins/pom.xml)
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2013 01:09:13 GMT
On 10 December 2013 11:24, Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.boutemy@free.fr> wrote:

>> > is not really necessary here, since skins are never multi-module, then no
>> > need to site:stage
>> >
>> > that's not a blocking issue, since it will work: just need to do extra
>> > site:stage step, not usually needed
>>
>> I am aware of that. That change was intentional. It conforms to all
>> other POMs and to the procedure described in the docs. Nothing more,
>> nothing less.
> not really what I wanted to express with "if the component has multiple
> modules, locally stage the site:"
> but staging in every situation has the advantage that instructions would not
> be different for mono-module and multi-module
>
> I don't know what you all prefer: simpler instructions for mono-module (but
> require a little thinking to know in which situation a build is) or uniform
> instructions (even if it is a little more complex than absolutely necessary
> for mono-modules)
>
> the ideal situation would be a site:deploy goal that does all the magic in
> case of scm: dist management site url
> anybody interested in trying to do it with me?

You might want to pull this out into a new thread. - Why dont I do that...
I have been following because we had someone new wanting to do RM and
I was interested in their pain.

I'm not sure I have a preference since its been so long since I last
did a release.

I definitely want to follow the instructions so that I dont stuff something up.
Which would make me lean to unified instructions to make it easier to
update the instructions when necessary.

Do we have any metrics on how many mono- to multi- module builds we have?