maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject MAVENUSER space and spam
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2013 06:26:40 GMT
The confluence wiki linked from our home page has been inundated with SPAM. I had been deleting
small amounts of it for a while, but the last batch added something like 13000 pages, so I
asked Codehaus to remove access to the new users (that is, we'll need to put editors in a
group). It hasn't had a lot of legitimate editors for a while, though.

Codehaus is working through automated means of removing the spam, but we probably need to
decide what to do with how to get people access and maintain it if we're to continue to use
it in that way.

Cheers,
Brett

--