maven-dev mailing list archives

From Michael-O <1983-01...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Releasing Fluido Skin 1.3.1
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2013 17:21:20 GMT
Am 2013-12-04 23:32, schrieb Barrie Treloar:
> On 5 December 2013 00:40, Michael-O <1983-01-06@gmx.net> wrote:
>> Thanks guys,
>>
>> I will have a look into http://maven.apache.org/developers/release/maven-project-release-procedure.html
in the next couple of days an process as required.

> Feel free to send patches for the documentation.
> It is always appreciated when fresh eyes look at stuff.
>
> There is so many assumptions made, and jumbles of pages, that little
> tweaks are often needed to make sure anyone can do this.

Hi Barrie,

the docs definitively do not correspond to the POMs at the moment. In
precending of the Fluido 1.3.1 release, I wanted to push Maven Skins 8
first. Read the general Apache guideline which is fine. Read 'Releasing
A Parent POM' and got stuck.

Chapter 'Staging the latest documentation' says "Once the release is
prepared, ..." which is simply wrong. The release has to be prepared and
*performed* before documentation can be staged due to missing
target/checkout.

Now, here the next problem which made me push the POM back and forth
several times: mvn -f site-pom.xml site site:stage-deploy
This simply does not work with scm publish because it is bound by the
parent to the site-deploy phase but site:stage-deploy is a goal. The
generated site is never picked up. Though 'mvn -f site-pom.xml site
scm-publish:publish-scm' works but I do not know whether this is correct
or not.

Verification is kinda awkward because it says I have to wait for a sync.
The linked site does not say anything about a sync nor a given timeframe
when sync occurs.

The path '/www/maven.apache.org/pom' does not exist. There is only
'/www/maven.apache.org/content/pom'. Moreover, the directory skins has
not been updated nor there is one with skins-8. Such a directory exists
in pom-archives only.

I have skipped the further steps because I am stuck and lost here.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael