maven-dev mailing list archives

From Ed Mansky <man...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: Install question for Maven 3.0 on PPC/10.4.11/ant 1.6.5
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 13:27:09 GMT
I saw the requirement for Ant 1.8 or later. The encoding option in
the echo task is new since Ant 1.7.

To install ant 1.7, 1.8 or 1.8.4 requires JUnit to already be present.
Unfortunately, to build JUnit you need maven in place.

Hence my attempt to install/build maven.

I found that I was able to build and install maven version 2.2.1 fine
on Tiger/ppc.

Apparently there have been a lot of changes in the build.xml file
between 2.2.1 and 3.x versions of maven.

Now, typing "mv install" in the Junit folder results in "Unable to
build project ...junit/pom.xml; it requires Maven version 3.0.4"

which is a different issue involving building junit 4 with maven 2.

--Ed