maven-dev mailing list archives

From Ed Mansky <man...@mindspring.com>
Subject Install question for Maven 3.0 on PPC/10.4.11/ant 1.6.5
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 14:36:01 GMT
Hi all,

I am trying to install Maven from source code on a PowerMac G4 PPC
7450 running 10.4.11 and with
Java JDK 1.5 and Ant 1.6.5 installed.

I am getting an error from line #236 of build.xml
(java.io.FileNotFoundException: ...full path to pom.properties file)

Apparently the pom.properties file that is expected to be the
bootstrap area for that target (compile-boot) to run, is missing.

The missing file "pom.properties" is indeed located in the source code tree in:

maven-core/src/test/resources/META-INF/maven/org.apache.maven/maven-core

I am new to Maven, but it appears that an entry in
maven-core/src/main/mdo/toolchains.mdo for this file in META-INF is
needed in order to get it copied over to the bootstrap area during
the building of the target "generate-sources".

My environment variables are set as follows:

JAVA_HOME = /Library/Java/Home
ANT_HOME   = /Developer/Java/Ant
M2_HOME     = /usr/local/maven-3.0.4

I also set M3_HOME = /usr/local/maven-3.0.4  in case that was needed
instead of M2_HOME

I do not have CLASSPATH defined at all.

What am I missing here to get Maven to build?  Any tips or hints
would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

--Ed
--