maven-dev mailing list archives

From Anders Hammar <and...@hammar.net>
Subject Re: prepare maven-ear-plugin 2.9
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2013 12:39:21 GMT
One thing I've been confused about in the plugin docs is "Required
Parameters" in the goal's page. For example here:
C:\Users\KAHA14\workspace_juno_svnkit\maven-ear-plugin\target\site\ear-mojo.html

Trying to think as a novice user I would assume that I would need to
configured all of the "required parameters". But in this case they already
have defautl values, so I don't have to configure them. So are they really
required?
The problem here, I think, is that the technical "required" flag of the
annotation is translated into the user perspective docs which is not
correct if it has a default value.

So, to bring this back to the topic of this thread, is this something that
should be fixed in the ear plugin (remove the required=true from these
params), or is it something that should be fixed in m-plugin-plugin?

/Anders