maven-dev mailing list archives

From Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Can somebody (Hervé?) stage the Doxia 1.5 site
Date Sat, 16 Nov 2013 11:04:29 GMT
yeah, the svn commit is quite long

did you realize there are 3800 files, for 72MB?
this quite long svn commit is the price to pay for a not so long push to
effective site, since the site is a sum of a lot of such large components
documentations, so rsync required mutliple hours of sync before svnpubsub

notice that this is the reason why I promote publishing to <artifactId>-LATEST
then svn cp+rm operations, instead of using profiles to publish multiple times
to different locations

I once hoped that we could publish only one complete zip archive of component
documentation site then let the site serve archive content as if it was
unarchived: this would count only for 1 not-so-large (due to compression) file
But I never found a way to implement such a thing. And never found anybody
understanding me and able to find an implementation...

Regards,

Hervé

Le jeudi 14 novembre 2013 23:44:41 Stephen Connolly a écrit :
> On 14 November 2013 23:33, Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.boutemy@free.fr> wrote:
> > Le jeudi 14 novembre 2013 20:35:18 Stephen Connolly a écrit :
> > > Cool. I'll give it a shot after getting some people to bed... Are the
> > > instructions on
> > > http://maven.apache.org/developers/release/maven-shared-release.htmlcorr
> > > ect
> > > w.r.t. Staging the doxia site, or is there some crazy-ass pub-sub
> > > incantation I must invoke to stage the site?
> >
> > no, these instructions are not ok, mainly because Doxia is a multi-module
> > project
> > So you really have to follow [1]
> > ie:
> > 1. generate site
> > 2. stage
> > 3. invoke scm-publish explicitely (and not hidden in site-deploy phase)
>
> scm-publish is dog slow... still transmitting the commit... after 45 minutes
> > Regards,
> >
> > Hervé
> >

> > [1]
> > http://maven.apache.org/developers/website/deploy-component-reference-docu