maven-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart McCulloch <mccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Install question for Maven 3.0 on PPC/10.4.11/ant 1.6.5
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 15:52:29 GMT
The README.bootstrap.txt from the source tree states the pre-requisites for building the bootstrap
code are:

	- Java 1.5
	- Ant 1.8 or later

Whereas you're using Ant 1.6.5 - this is likely the problem, because 1.6.5 doesn't support
the use of an encoding in the echo task (this is what creates that particular pom.properties
file)

On 6 Nov 2013, at 14:36, Ed Mansky wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to install Maven from source code on a PowerMac G4 PPC 7450 running 10.4.11
and with
> Java JDK 1.5 and Ant 1.6.5 installed.
>
> I am getting an error from line #236 of build.xml (java.io.FileNotFoundException: ...full
path to pom.properties file)

> Apparently the pom.properties file that is expected to be the bootstrap area for that
target (compile-boot) to run, is missing.

> The missing file "pom.properties" is indeed located in the source code tree in:
>
> maven-core/src/test/resources/META-INF/maven/org.apache.maven/maven-core
>
> I am new to Maven, but it appears that an entry in maven-core/src/main/mdo/toolchains.mdo
for this file in META-INF is needed in order to get it copied over to the bootstrap area during
the building of the target "generate-sources".