maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Scholte" <rfscho...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CMS + svnpubsub explanations
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2013 19:56:46 GMT
Hi,

And again my site publication wasn't straight forward, but I think I'm
hitting a Europe-delay issue.

After running 'mvn site-deploy -Preporting' for the first time, it ends
with a
[ERROR] Failed to check out from SCM: The svn command failed. svn:
E170000: URL
'https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/maven/content/plugins-archives/maven-deploy-plugin-LATEST'

doesn't exist

A couple of seconds later I get the following notification:
	Log:
	Automatic svn path creation:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/maven/content/	plugins-archives/maven-deploy-plugin-LATEST

This looks like the reason why waitBeforeTagging[1] was introduced for the
maven-release-plugin

Since I'm not sure if scm-publish:publish-scm will work, I decided to run
'mvn site-deploy -Preporting' again.

After a lot of "svn add"'s I get the following message:
[ERROR] Failed to add new files to SCM: The svn command failed. svn:
E155007: 'E:\Users\Robert
Scholte\maven-sites\plugins-archives\maven-deploy-plugin-LATEST\apidocs'
is not a working copy

By now I know that one solution is to start all over again: deleting
E:\Users\Robert Scholte\maven-sites\plugins-archives and run 'mvn
site-deploy -Preporting' for the third time.

Now finally success.

So I think we should add an optional delay to prevent the issue from my
first run.
I still don't understand what is the real issue with the second run.

That's something about the process.

The "Stage the Release"[2] chapter is missing a direct link to the page
explaining how to publish the site.

Robert

[1]
http://maven.apache.org/maven-release/maven-release-plugin/prepare-mojo.html#waitBeforeTagging