maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Scholte" <rfscho...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What is the correct Git SCM URL for a branch?
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2013 18:13:42 GMT
Op Mon, 02 Sep 2013 07:13:27 +0200 schreef Chris Graham
<chrisgwarp@gmail.com>:

> On Sun, Sep 1, 2013 at 8:21 PM, Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.boutemy@free.fr>
> wrote:
>
>> if I read Jazz SCM url format [1], in a multi-module build, scm info
>> automatically calculated from root to modules (ie appending artifact-id)
>> will
>> give wrong scm info, no?
>> did you try it?
>>

> All of my testing was for multi module projects. Nested ones. So it was
> never a problem.
>
> There is an ugly work around/hack (that automatically happens) for
> non-nest
> projects. So add a dummy path to the end of the Component name, and it
> seems to work out.
>
> As the SCM section is only in the root pom, it does not seem to be
> effected.
>
> A tag (in maven SCM terms) is the equivalent of a snapshot of a component
> (in Jazz SCM terms). Technically, it is a collection of Change Sets, but
> effectively works out to be a "tag" for a given component.
>
> So I think of all modules as a part of the same component (just like all
> modules under a trank/branch in svn). so it tends to work nicely.
>

>> there are 2 other parts:
>> - m-release-p: did you add any logic to deal with plugin scm info
>> modification
>> when tagging a version?
>>

> I didn't, but I think that Robert had to add some logic in there that
> applied to Jazz (and I think some others as well). I'd have to go back
> and
> look.

Indeed, there are several ScmTranslator implementations, see
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/release/trunk/maven-release-manager/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/shared/release/scm/
It's still a dream to remove any scm implementation specific code from
this project...

Robert