maven-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Patrick <robert.patr...@oracle.com>
Subject Stupid Question about plugin annotations
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2013 06:03:18 GMT
It appears that the behavior for Maven plugins change depending on whether they use Javadoc-style
annotations or Java annotations.  With a plugin that uses Javadoc annotations, I can execute
a plugin goal directly from the command-line and use -Dparam=value to pass in the configuration
parameters (e.g., mvn rpatrick:my-plugin:1.0:my-goal -Dfoo=bar) and I see that the injection
is happening properly so that the foo variable in the plugin has the value "bar" when executing.

If I switch the plugin using the exact same code to use Java annotations, the injection is
failing and foo is always null when the plugin executes.what am I missing?

Sorry for the noise,

Robert

--

Robert Patrick <HYPERLINK "mailto:robert.patrick@oracle.com"robert.patrick@oracle.com>

VP, FMW Architects Team: The A-Team

Oracle Corporation                                Office: +1.940.725.0011

1148 Triple Crown Court                                 Fax: +1.940.725.0012

Bartonville, TX 76226, USA                    Mobile: +1.469.556.9450

A-Team Chronicles Blog: http://www.ateam-oracle.com/

HYPERLINK "http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Oracle-WebLogic-Server-Patrick/dp/0470484306/"Professional
Oracle WebLogic Server

by Robert Patrick, Gregory Nyberg, and Philip Aston

with Josh Bregman and Paul Done

Book Home Page: HYPERLINK "http://www.wrox.com/WileyCDA/WroxTitle/Professional-Oracle-WebLogic-Server.productCd-0470484306.html"http://www.wrox.com/

Kindle Version: HYPERLINK "http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Oracle-WebLogic-Server-ebook/dp/B004HD69J2/"http://www.amazon.com/