maven-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2013 16:57:01 GMT

On Sep 10, 2013, at 12:04 PM, Jason van Zyl <jason@tesla.io> wrote:

> What do you think happened? Is this a change in the remote resources plugin?

No…. in the old releases, they were named LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt (txt extension) which
is not how the RR plugin would have ever generated them.  This is a source archive and thus
the generated LICENSE/NOTICE is likely not applicable (as that would have information about
the binary jars and such that aren't included in the source archive).

Dan

> On Sep 10, 2013, at 11:33 AM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> -1
>>
>> The src.tar.gz and src.zip files have lost their top level NOTICE and LICENSE files.
  This is a regression from 3.1.0 (and 3.0.5).   That definitely needs to be fixed.  I don't
have time today to look into that, but might tomorrow if someone doesn't beat me to it.

>> Ran a couple builds with the result of building the source and things look OK.
>>
>> I checked the rest of the contents with the tag and everything looks OK.    There
are three files in the git repo that aren't part of the release (/.gitignore, /.gitattributes,
and /apache-maven/src/bin/.gitattributes), but those files really are specific to our scm
and thus don't need to be in the source release.

>> Most likely, the doap_Maven.rdf shouldn't be part of the release either.  Probalby
shouldn't be in the main maven git repo.   Definitely not a big deal.

>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.tar.gz
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-src.zip
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-src.tar.gz
>>>
>>> Vote open for 72 hours.