maven-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1
Date Sun, 22 Sep 2013 23:41:21 GMT
On 22 September 2013 05:03, Jason van Zyl <jason@tesla.io> wrote:

> On Sep 21, 2013, at 7:44 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> If it were generated I would agree. Manually making an email is not automated
or consistent.

>> I don't care how the e-mail is created; it can be automated.
>>
>> What matters is that the content is understandable and complete.
>>

> Ok, then we agree. We should try to keep the vote email threads for the votes. I think
what you asked for was the impetus for the tool I made and it helped do a more complete audit
than I've ever done manually. But the SCM coordinates are not a requirement for the release
email currently and if we're going to discuss that then we probably shouldn't hijack the vote
threads which we both just did.

I don't believe it's hijacking the vote e-mail to point out that it is
missing vital information.
But the subsequent discussion has certainly veered off-topic.