maven-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2013 16:16:43 GMT
On 10 September 2013 16:33, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:

> -1
>
> The src.tar.gz and src.zip files have lost their top level NOTICE and LICENSE files.
  This is a regression from 3.1.0 (and 3.0.5).   That definitely needs to be fixed.  I don't
have time today to look into that, but might tomorrow if someone doesn't beat me to it.

> Ran a couple builds with the result of building the source and things look OK.
>
> I checked the rest of the contents with the tag and everything looks OK.    There are
three files in the git repo that aren't part of the release (/.gitignore, /.gitattributes,
and /apache-maven/src/bin/.gitattributes), but those files really are specific to our scm
and thus don't need to be in the source release.

OK, so is it necessary to check the release against the tag?
Or is that just your personal take on what a reviewer should do?

If it is necessary (for at least one reviewer) to do, then the SCM
coordinates need to be provided in a transparent manner so any
reviewer can do it, and the coordinates need to be part of the vote
e-mail "for the public record".

> Most likely, the doap_Maven.rdf shouldn't be part of the release either.  Probalby shouldn't
be in the main maven git repo.   Definitely not a big deal.