maven-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart McCulloch <mccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Making (sisu-)guice a provided scope dependency of Sisu?
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 05:40:56 GMT
I don't want to hold up the 3.1.1 release. This can wait while I check some downstream implications.
I do think there's a need for some kind of aliasing of dependencies (foo provides bar), a
bit like the generic capability-requirement model that came out of OSGi.

--
Cheers, Stuart

On 4 Sep 2013, at 00:41, Jason van Zyl <jason@tesla.io> wrote:

> I'm going to cut the 3.1.1 release, do you want me to wait for you to make the proposed
changes or do you want to wait for the next release?

> On Sep 2, 2013, at 11:49 PM, Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org> wrote:

>>> Ultimately I don't think it's useful. No user cares what version of Guice is
used, they care that the distribution works.

>> I said "users consuming maven artifatcs" which is different from final
>> Apache Maven users.
>>
>>> If you have a philosophical objection to using a fork then I think a more practical
use of time is to help Stuart remove any of the differences between our fork and stock Guice.
I believe Stuart has done everything he can to remove those differences. What differences
remain are those he feels are of benefit to Maven.

>>> I'm doing the core releases right now and I'm not going to put stock Guice in
the distribution, I'm going to use sisu-guice so I think it's fine the way it is.