maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1
Date Sun, 22 Sep 2013 04:03:47 GMT

On Sep 21, 2013, at 7:44 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 22 September 2013 03:09, Jason van Zyl <jason@tesla.io> wrote:
>> On Sep 21, 2013, at 6:16 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On 21 September 2013 23:09, Jason van Zyl <jason@tesla.io> wrote:
>>>
>>> It would still be automated.
>>> However the source data would come form the vote e-mail, which makes
>>> more sense to me.
>>>

>> If it were generated I would agree. Manually making an email is not automated or
consistent.

> I don't care how the e-mail is created; it can be automated.
>
> What matters is that the content is understandable and complete.

Ok, then we agree. We should try to keep the vote email threads for the votes. I think what
you asked for was the impetus for the tool I made and it helped do a more complete audit than
I've ever done manually. But the SCM coordinates are not a requirement for the release email
currently and if we're going to discuss that then we probably shouldn't hijack the vote threads
which we both just did.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl