maven-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Robert Scholte" <rfscho...@apache.org>
Subject Re: bug MNG-5459 (failure to resolve pom artifact from snapshotVersion in maven-metadata.xml)
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2013 18:17:44 GMT
Duh, a bad copy/paste without any alarmbells from my IDE....

Thanks, it's fixed

Robert


Op Mon, 26 Aug 2013 12:50:36 +0200 schreef Claudio Bley <cbley@av-test.de>:

> At Sat, 24 Aug 2013 16:40:57 +0200,
> Robert Scholte wrote:
>>
>> Hi Claudio,
>>
>> my holidays are over, so time to have a look at this.
>> I've attached a testcase to the original issue, but I'm not able to
>> reproduce it.
>
> Your testcase works fine for me. That is, after I fixed the
> maven-metadata.xml file that somehow got truncated - which probably
> reveals another bug:
>
> After applying your patch, I also only got the -SNAPSHOT
> version. While investigating, I found that there were 2 exceptions
> stored inside the versionResult in DefaultArtifactResolver.java:318:
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> [0]	MetadataNotFoundException
> "Could not find metadata  
> org.apache.maven.its:dep-mng5459:0.4.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml in  
> local ([...]\maven-aether-provider\target\local-repo)"
>
> [1]	EOFException
> "no more data available - expected end tag </metadata> to close start  
> tag <metadata> from line 22, parser stopped on END_TAG seen  
> ...</versioning>\n\n... @48:1"
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> But the "result" was used happily further on, although the
> maven-metadata.xml was never read since the document end tag was
> missing. IMO, it makes no sense to use a result with /attached/
> exceptions, but I may be missing something here.
>
>
> Here's the output of the test run after I added the </metadata> tag:
>
> expected:<[@todo]> but was:<[Could not find artifact
>  org.apache.maven.its:dep-mng5459:pom:0.4.0-20130404.093655-3 in repo
>  [...]
>
>
> With my patch applied, this changes to:
>
> expected:<[@todo]> but was:<[Could not find artifact
> org.apache.maven.its:dep-mng5459:pom:0.4.0-20130404.090532-2 in repo
>
>
> Claudio

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@maven.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@maven.apache.org


Mime
View raw message