maven-dev mailing list archives

From Lennart Jörelid <lennart.jore...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Installed/deployed pom with dependency in a profile
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2013 14:18:30 GMT
That's odd.

In my released poms, I do not have token substitution for the maven
variables:

 <profiles>
        <profile>
            <id>default-profile</id>
            <activation>
                <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
                <file>
                    <exists>${java.home}/../lib/tools.jar</exists>
                </file>
            </activation>
            <properties>
                <toolsjar>${java.home}/../lib/tools.jar</toolsjar>
            </properties>
        </profile>
        <profile>
            <id>alternativeToolsJarPlacement-profile</id>
            <activation>
                <activeByDefault>false</activeByDefault>
                <file>
                    <exists>${java.home}/../Classes/classes.jar</exists>
                </file>
            </activation>
            <properties>
                <toolsjar>${java.home}/../Classes/classes.jar</toolsjar>
            </properties>
        </profile>
    </profiles>

and

<dependency>
                <groupId>com.sun</groupId>
                <artifactId>tools</artifactId>
                <version>${java.version}</version>
                <scope>system</scope>
                <systemPath>${toolsjar}</systemPath>
            </dependency>

respectively.

Do you have the option of not performing substitutions for the toolsjar
property (or equivalent)?