maven-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven Model Converter version 2.3
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2013 11:49:55 GMT
On 14 August 2013 12:01, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> As a member of the ASF, I do think it's my problem if software is
> being released in the name of the ASF.
>
> The ASF is about transparency - "if it did not happen on a public
> mailing list then it did not happen".
>
> It should be possible for anyone to review a release and provide
> feedback to the PMC.
>
> At present the process is not transparent.

As a member of the ASF, we elect a board to protect our responsibilities.
The board delegates the responsibility of reviewing the provenance of
source release bundles to each project's PMC. There is a chain of
delegation of responsibilities from the members to the PMC.

If any member feel that a specific PMC is not following their delegated
responsibilities correctly, their first point of call is to send a mail
detailing the issue to that PMC's private@ list. If that does not result in
a satisfactory response, then they should address their concern to the
board. If that does not result in a satisfactory response, then they can
address the membership as a whole.