maven-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven Model Converter version 2.3
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2013 20:33:49 GMT
On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 10:24 PM, Fred Cooke <fred.cooke@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Right so far?
> >

> No, you're not. Step three, in SVN, requires reviewing history to confirm
> no changes were made to that URL *ever*. In Git, step 3 involves knowing
> the hash, as spurious tags have already been known to circulate.

I don't know Git that well yet, so I won't go into a discussion about that.

As for Subversion, you missed a few bits of what I wrote. I was talking
about a release that is *not* respun. With our process that means that
there has never been such a tag before and, if the vote passes, there will
never be another one again *ever*. If someone doesn't follow our process
that will become apparent during the review.

> Even if all of the details were in the POM, the question still remains, is
> this the revision you *intended* to release? Or not? ONLY you can answer
> this.

With our process - yes it is. *always*