maven-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Can't find my way around Aether
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2013 19:32:48 GMT
Hi,

I'm looking at this issue, which is a Maven core issue:
https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-5504

There's a patch for the maven-2.2.x branch, which I have tweaked a bit and
it works nicely.

Since the same problem exists in Maven 3 I dove into the sources and found
similar code in maven-compat in the
class org.apache.maven.repository.legacy.DefaultWagonManager.
Though patching that didn't solve the problem, so I'm guessing that it is
no longer in use.

I looked some more and realized that the bits I was looking for is now in
Aether. After a bit I found the methods doing the job in Aether in the
inner class
org.eclipse.aether.spi.connector.layout.RepositoryLayout.Checksum.

Now what I can't resolve is where in the Maven code we invoke Aether to
create the checksums. Again I'm guessing, but it should be somewhere inside
maven-aether-provider, but searching the code finds me nothing.

Help anyone?

--
Dennis Lundberg