maven-dev mailing list archives

From Arnaud Héritier <aherit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is the correct Git SCM URL for a branch?
Date Sat, 10 Aug 2013 19:20:14 GMT
AFAIR in eclipse m2e ( I don't use it anymore ) you can checkout the
code of any maven dependency/project (materialize feature). I'm almost
sure that it is using informations from SCM part in the POM to do it.
I think it isn't the only usage of it. I'm not 100% satisfied of this
usage because such information can change in the future (imagine a SVN
-> git migration or any change in the scm hosting of a project - URL
...)

---------
Arnaud