maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Scholte" <rfscho...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The command line used by Maven Javadoc Plugin
Date Sun, 21 Jul 2013 17:50:30 GMT
Hi Dennis,

The ${project.reporting.outputDirectory}/apidocs is the working directory,
whereas the javadoc executable is used with its absolute path.

So in the end it will often be:

cd ${project.reporting.outputDirectory}/apidocs
%JAVA_HOME%\bin\javadoc.exe  @options @packages | @argfile

I say often, because there's toolchains and other ways to change the path
of the javadoc.exe

So yes, the docs are kind of wrong here

Robert