maven-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Patrick <robert.patr...@oracle.com>
Subject RE: Java version usage survey
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2013 06:27:37 GMT
Oracle recently changed its approach to version numbers for the JDK in which minor version
numbers get skipped, depending on the type of update.  Pretty sure there weren't 10 new JDK
5 releases.

--
Robert Patrick <robert.patrick@oracle.com>
VP, FMW Architects Team: The A-Team
Oracle Corporation			Office: +1.940.725.0011
1148 Triple Crown Court			Fax: +1.940.725.0012
Bartonville, TX 76226, USA		Mobile: +1.469.556.9450

Professional Oracle WebLogic Server
by Robert Patrick, Gregory Nyberg, and Philip Aston
with Josh Bregman and Paul Done
Book Home Page: http://www.wrox.com/
Kindle Version: http://www.amazon.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Kristian Rosenvold [mailto:kristian.rosenvold@zenior.no]
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 8:37 AM
To: Maven Developers List
Subject: Re: Java version usage survey

I  tucked away the last public debs of 1.5 and can release 1.5 indefinitely. In the release
of the last security patch, it seems like Oracle have  released approx 10 nonpublic jdk 5
versions. Shame we can't have it.

Kristian
Den 16. juli 2013 14:14 skrev "Lennart Jörelid" <lennart.jorelid@gmail.com>
følgende: