maven-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Spurious file in Apache Maven War plugin 2.4 reelease candidate - broken release process?
Date Sat, 06 Jul 2013 16:28:11 GMT
The curent release candidate for Apache Maven War plugin 2.4 contains
the following file in the source zip:

maven-archiver/pom.properties

The file is not in SVN or the source jar
As far as I can tell it does not belong in the source zip.

The file is unlikely to do any harm, however the fact that it somehow
has crept into the source archive points to a problem with the release
process.

The file is present in all the WAR source zips back to 2.1 (previously
there were no source archives)
AFAICT these WAR source archives were built by several different people.

It does not seem to be present in sources for the few other plugin
sources that I checked.

So why does the file end up in the WAR source archive?

What is broken?

I found the problem by comparing the source archive with the SVN tag.