maven-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RAT setup
Date Sun, 21 Jul 2013 21:19:16 GMT
On 21 July 2013 21:23, Jason van Zyl <jason@tesla.io> wrote:

> On Jul 21, 2013, at 3:14 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 21 July 2013 19:47, Jason van Zyl <jason@tesla.io> wrote:

>>> Yup, just noticed that as well. After trying to attempt to release my distribution
4 times and the RAT plugin blowing up 4 times. For the record that's just the wrong phase
to check something in. I don't want to wait after all my tests to see a license violation
report. Additionally it's running in the release:perform but not anywhere else which is doubly
annoying. So if falling back to 0.8 fixes all that awesome.

>> AFAIK, the plugin has always bound to the phase verify by default.
>>

> Poor choice of phase. Possibly the person who made it got validate and verify mixed up.
It's not that expensive so do it up-front, but right now it runs at the worst of all possible
times. Right at the end of the release process having it go "Ha ha! I pulled your pants down!"
is not very helpful.

Do you want to file a bug against it?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAT