maven-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Do we document the protocol with the repo manager? And what about deploy:deploy-file and multiple attached artifacts?
Date Sun, 21 Jul 2013 18:29:35 GMT
On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 2:26 PM, Stephen Connolly <
stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sunday, 21 July 2013, Benson Margulies wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 1:52 PM, Robert Scholte <rfscholte@apache.org
> <javascript:;>
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Benson,
> > >
> > > I don't understand, because deploy:deploy-file should be able to upload
> > > pom + artifact + classified-artifacts at once.
> > >

> > There's no provision for uploading one pom plus multiple classified
> > artifacts in a single transation.
>

> There is. I wrote the code so Cassandra could deploy to central

Then the doc is wanting.

Note the words:

   - deploy:deploy-file<http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-deploy-plugin/deploy-file-mojo.html>
is
   used to install a single artifact along with its pom. In that case the
   artifact information can be taken from an optionally specified pomFile, but
   can be completed/overriden using the command line.

'A single artifact', not 'a set of artifacts that share a common G/A/V'.