maven-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Gudian <andreas.gud...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release process updates
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2013 07:17:31 GMT
> 2013/6/26 sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com <javascript:;>>:
> > The mission of the ASF is to release software as source, and to ensure
> > that the released source is available under the Apache Licence.
>
> Excuse me but I have always understand the ASF mission as building
> communities around softwares.
> Community over Code and not Process over Code.
>
> I believe (my personal opinion) we are here to make two communities
> happy: dev community with easing their task to build and release good
> software for the users community.
>
> With all of those emails, it's just a way to discourage people who
> want to release software for their users.
> Yes too much (non useful) process tend/will discourage volunteers to
> release something.
>
> My 0,02AUD
> --
> Olivier

+1, Oliver.

Sure we need some kind of a legal basis and yes, we want to deliver as high
a quality it is feasible for us. But in the end we're here to have fun
coding stuff that makes a difference for the users.
That means: keep the processes lean, as well as the discussion on
improvements to the processes.

Those were my 0,02€.

Andreas