maven-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Graham <chrisgw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release process updates (try 2)
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2013 06:18:38 GMT
On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 4:20 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Reminder: all this thread is just about is adding the following lines
> to vote e-mails:
>
> SVN Tag:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/plugins/tags/maven-javadoc-plugin-2.9.1/
> (r1496317<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/plugins/tags/maven-javadoc-plugin-2.9.1/(r1496317>
> )

I still find this redundant. Given that the tag will not change for the
time window of the vote, and that the tag has it's own revision no, and you
can derive the revision from the tag, so I see no need to quote the
revision no.

In the event of a failed vote, the version/tag will be reused and it will
have a new revision, which also will be derivable.

In the event of a successful vote, the tag will remain permanently.

Should anyone ever wish to trawl through the (svn) history, then you will
still be able to see the intermediate/failed votes and history. And you'd
also need the archives of this list to address why the vote failed etc.

or whatever the equivalent is for Git (or any other SCM that may be in