maven-dev mailing list archives

From Akanksha Dayal <dayal.ak...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue# svn scm maven plugin doenot work with special character @ in SVN passwords
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2013 15:50:45 GMT
Hi Oliver,

I'd need permissions from Jira admins to be a member in order to record the
issue at http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SCM ,  not sure how to approach
them (help?).

I'm trying to connect to Svn/Perforce Scm to access the repository. And
when my Scm password contains a '@' I get error since the hostname is not
parsed correctly.

I bumped into this issue while working with scm svn maven plugin. To
recreate this bug:

1. set svn password to something like 123@abc (anything with '@')
2. try to import the svn/perforce repository using maven plugin
3. the error would be because the host name is messed up.

This happens because the repository url path is parsed looking at @ index.
The fix is as below (for Svn, for perforce it's going to be similar):

in
file  org.apache.maven.scm.provider.svn.repository.SvnScmProviderRepository
(ln 162)
available
at: maven-scm-plugin/maven-scm-providers/maven-scm-providers-svn/maven-scm-provider-svn-commons/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/scm/provider/svn/repository/SvnScmProviderRepository.java

-   int indexAt = urlPath.indexOf( "@" );
+  int indexAt = urlPath.lastIndexOf( "@" );

Also, this error probably valid for some more special characters used in
parsing the URL path.

Thanks,
Akanksha