maven-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java version usage survey
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2013 22:24:24 GMT
On 16 July 2013 23:01, Arnaud HĂ©ritier <aheritier@gmail.com> wrote:

> >  >

> > Until Jenkins gets upgraded to 1.520+ at which point the (crappy in my
> > personal view) Maven job type will be unable to run 1.5
> >

> The crappy one which doesn't work with Maven 3.1.0 too (I tested it this
> afternoon)

I'm sure Olivier will rush to try and defend that job type...

> > Can still keep trucking with a FreeStyle + Maven Build Step though (and I
> > prefer that way anyway)
> >

> <asJenkinsUser>
> Me too if we backport features from the crappy maven integration into the
> freestyle job (automatic dependencies, post build deployment ..).
> What was done in Hudson was good from my point UI (excepted the GWT UI
> which was ugly)
> </asJenkinsUser>

Ahem... there are other ways to skin this cat... but the people who know
have been sworn to secrecy under pain of being shot, hung, drawn and
quartered before having the entire troupé of Riverdance dance on their
grave... so you'll just have to wait a month of so to find out!