maven-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <steph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Maven War plugin 2.4
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2013 13:43:31 GMT
On 5 July 2013 14:32, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5 July 2013 12:48, Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'd like to release Apache Maven War Plugin 2.4.
> >
> > We fixed 10 issue
> >
> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=18840&styleName=Text&projectId=11150
> >
> > Staging repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-105
> >
> > Source release:
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-105/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-war-plugin/2.4/maven-war-plugin-2.4-source-release.zip
> >
> > Staged web site:
> > http://maven.apache.org/plugins-archives/maven-war-plugin-LATEST/
> >
> > Vote open for 72H
> > [+1]
> > [0]
> > [-1] X
>
> There are about 40 test files without AL headers. At least some of
> them can and should have headers.

And as we already discussed we have put in place a process to track
conformance in this regard.

We will be reporting the total of violations to the board and we will be
turning the screws to bring this total down.

At this point I do not view "test data/resources" as blocking on a release.

If you can point to a non-binary file outside of src/it,
src/test/resources, or other similar folders that is missing a license
header *and* that file was present in the previous release then I agree
that it should be addressed before release.

Similarly, new plugins or maven release roots should be clean before their
first release.

But in those cases where we have a legacy issue of missing license headers
in test resources, this PMC has put a process in place to address the issue
and until the board advises differently, test resources will be addressed
by that process

-Stephen