maven-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Maven War plugin 2.4
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2013 14:18:19 GMT
On 5 July 2013 14:56, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5 July 2013 14:46, Stephen Connolly <stephenc@apache.org> wrote:

> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=18840&styleName=Text&projectId=11150

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-105/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-war-plugin/2.4/maven-war-plugin-2.4-source-release.zip

> >> And as we already discussed we have put in place a process to track
> >> conformance in this regard.
> >>
> >> We will be reporting the total of violations to the board and we will be
> >> turning the screws to bring this total down.
> >>
> >> At this point I do not view "test data/resources" as blocking on a
> release.
> >>
> >> If you can point to a non-binary file outside of src/it,
> >> src/test/resources, or other similar folders that is missing a license
> >> header *and*
> >>
> > that file was present in the previous release then I agree that it should
> >> be addressed before release.
> >>

> > Should read before send.
> >
> > If a file was in a previous release and it is a test resource then the
> > header situation will be addressed by the process the PMC has put in
> place
> >
> > If a file is not a test resource, then it needs the header for a
> release...
> > irrespective of whether the file was present in the previous release or
> not.
> >
> > If a file is a *new* test resource, then it needs the header for a
> release
> > *or* clear justification that the presence of the header would invalidate
> > the test... we are trying to make things better not worse.
>
> Agreed, but how are the new files to be identified?
>
> If the release contains any header violations, one way to identify
> which files are new would be to include the SVN tag of the previous
> release in the release vote.

That is a problem for the PMC to solve.

The PMC has to figure out how to meet its responsibilities.

If this determination proves too difficult or time consuming with our
current processes then we will change our processes.

If the PMC does not find any issues with our current processes with regard
to fulfilling our obligations to the ASF, then it is not really an issue
that you need to worry about ;-)

By all means you can make suggestions, and suggestions are welcome... but
really this is in the court of the PMC... you have done your responsibility
to the foundation by airing your concerns... the PMC's responsibility is to
come up with a solution that meets the needs of this project and the
foundation.

I do not view vote threads as an appropriate place to continue re-airing
issues which the PMC is in the process of trying to address... but of
course see my most recent commit to maven-site on project roles for a
discussion on disagreement (that page is not published yet as we're still
trying to get the content more complete)

-Stephen