maven-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <steph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Maven War plugin 2.4
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2013 13:46:34 GMT
On 5 July 2013 14:43, Stephen Connolly <stephenc@apache.org> wrote:

> On 5 July 2013 14:32, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 5 July 2013 12:48, Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> > I'd like to release Apache Maven War Plugin 2.4.
>> >
>> > We fixed 10 issue
>> >
>> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=18840&styleName=Text&projectId=11150
>> >
>> > Staging repository:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-105
>> >
>> > Source release:
>> >
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-105/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-war-plugin/2.4/maven-war-plugin-2.4-source-release.zip
>> >
>> > Staged web site:
>> > http://maven.apache.org/plugins-archives/maven-war-plugin-LATEST/
>> >
>> > Vote open for 72H
>> > [+1]
>> > [0]
>> > [-1] X
>>
>> There are about 40 test files without AL headers. At least some of
>> them can and should have headers.
>>

> And as we already discussed we have put in place a process to track
> conformance in this regard.
>
> We will be reporting the total of violations to the board and we will be
> turning the screws to bring this total down.
>
> At this point I do not view "test data/resources" as blocking on a release.
>
> If you can point to a non-binary file outside of src/it,
> src/test/resources, or other similar folders that is missing a license
> header *and*

that file was present in the previous release then I agree that it should
> be addressed before release.

Should read before send.

If a file was in a previous release and it is a test resource then the
header situation will be addressed by the process the PMC has put in place

If a file is not a test resource, then it needs the header for a release...
irrespective of whether the file was present in the previous release or not.

If a file is a *new* test resource, then it needs the header for a release
*or* clear justification that the presence of the header would invalidate
the test... we are trying to make things better not worse.

-Stephen