maven-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Retire Maven Model Converter
Date Sat, 20 Jul 2013 17:26:50 GMT
Hi,

The only consumer of Maven Model Converter we have left at the Apache
Maven project is Maven One Plugin. If the vote for the retirement of
Maven One Plugin succeeds we should also retire Maven Model Converter.
The last release was made almost six years ago. Last time I checked
Maven Model Converter was also used by the Apache Archiva project. The
retirement plan is to move the component to the Apache Archiva
project, if they want it.

http://maven.apache.org/shared/maven-model-converter/

I therefor propose that we retire maven-model-converter.

If this vote is successful I will make one final release of the
component (there are some issues that have been fixed) making it clear
on the component site that it has been retired. After that the source
code will be moved to the Apache Archiva project in Subversion, or if
they do not want it to the "retired" area in Subversion.

The process for retiring a plugin is described here:
http://maven.apache.org/developers/retirement-plan-plugins.html

The vote is open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Yes, it's about time
[ ] -1 No, because...