maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>
Subject Re: RAT setup
Date Sun, 21 Jul 2013 22:39:25 GMT
Here you go: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAT-145

For the record the maven-license-plugin works very well and can insert the correct licenses
as well.

On Jul 21, 2013, at 5:19 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 21 July 2013 21:23, Jason van Zyl <jason@tesla.io> wrote:

4 times and the RAT plugin blowing up 4 times. For the record that's just the wrong phase
to check something in. I don't want to wait after all my tests to see a license violation
report. Additionally it's running in the release:perform but not anywhere else which is doubly
annoying. So if falling back to 0.8 fixes all that awesome.

>>> AFAIK, the plugin has always bound to the phase verify by default.
>>>

>> Poor choice of phase. Possibly the person who made it got validate and verify mixed
up. It's not that expensive so do it up-front, but right now it runs at the worst of all possible
times. Right at the end of the release process having it go "Ha ha! I pulled your pants down!"
is not very helpful.