maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>
Subject Re: RAT setup
Date Sun, 21 Jul 2013 18:47:11 GMT

On Jul 21, 2013, at 2:29 PM, Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com> wrote:

> Revert my change upping to RAT 0.9
>
> Stupid plugin has major regression in performance, but 0.8 needs excludes
> for git

Yup, just noticed that as well. After trying to attempt to release my distribution 4 times
and the RAT plugin blowing up 4 times. For the record that's just the wrong phase to check
something in. I don't want to wait after all my tests to see a license violation report. Additionally
it's running in the release:perform but not anywhere else which is doubly annoying. So if
falling back to 0.8 fixes all that awesome.

Thanks for rolling that back.

> If I'd had notice I'd have reverted it my self but on a phone so no access
> to revert it... Once they get a proper usable release we *should* be ok...
> Though they don't seem to know how to cut releases with Maven... Like wtf
> is the deal with only -SNAPSHOT docs being public!!!
>
> On Sunday, 21 July 2013, Jason van Zyl wrote:
>
>> I just tried to cut a distribution using the existing Maven POM and it let
>> me get through the release:prepare phase without any issues and then failed
>> during the release:perform phase. I have no idea how RAT works, or who set
>> it up but that behavior is sub-optimal. Would probably be all right to be
>> on all the time in the validate phase. Certainly preferable to letting me
>> cut a tag and then blowing up while trying to release.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jason

>> Jason van Zyl
>> Founder,  Apache Maven