maven-dev mailing list archives

From John Casey <jdca...@commonjava.org>
Subject Re: Spurious file in Apache Maven War plugin 2.4 reelease candidate - broken release process?
Date Sat, 06 Jul 2013 18:35:22 GMT
On 7/6/13 11:28 AM, sebb wrote:
> The curent release candidate for Apache Maven War plugin 2.4 contains
> the following file in the source zip:
>
> maven-archiver/pom.properties
>
> The file is not in SVN or the source jar
> As far as I can tell it does not belong in the source zip.
>
> The file is unlikely to do any harm, however the fact that it somehow
> has crept into the source archive points to a problem with the release
> process.
>
> The file is present in all the WAR source zips back to 2.1 (previously
> there were no source archives)
> AFAICT these WAR source archives were built by several different people.
>
> It does not seem to be present in sources for the few other plugin
> sources that I checked.
>
> So why does the file end up in the WAR source archive?
>
> What is broken?

I'd be surprised if you didn't find the same file in other
source-release archives. I'm guessing it's an exclusion that's missing
from the source-release.xml assembly descriptor that we use to construct
these archives.

> I found the problem by comparing the source archive with the SVN tag.

John Casey
Developer, PMC Member - Apache Maven (http://maven.apache.org)
GitHub - http://github.com/jdcasey