maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>
Subject Re: Maven 3.1.0-beta-1
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2013 02:53:48 GMT
It may be Maven or one of the plugins that changed as a result of updating the default plugins.
I have a several very large builds and performance seems the same. I will set up the performance
framework for the core[1], and I have a profiler for plugins that I will cleanup. I think
it best to get the release out and many things will shake out and need to be fixed, and part
of that should be enabling the performance tests to make sure that it doesn't slip.

[1]: https://github.com/tesla/maven-performance-tests
On Jun 30, 2013, at 3:21 PM, Dennis Lundberg <dennisl.apache@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I see this as well in our corporate aggregator POM that builds everything.
> This 124 module build succeeds with Maven 3.0.5, but fails with
> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
> after 108 modules when using Maven 3.1.0-alpha-1.
>
> Sorry but I can't share the project.
> Are there any free tools that I can use to provide a permgen dump?
>

> On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 2:23 PM, Jörg Schaible
> <Joerg.Schaible@scalaris.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Jason,
>>
>> Jason van Zyl wrote:
>>
>>> Doesn't see to be a whole lot of activity around the 3.1.0-alpha-1 so I
>>> plan to cut the 3.1.0-beta-1 this weekend if there are no objections.
>>
>> Apart from the reported bogus build with snapshots (MNG-5207) it seems M31
>> has a major problem with PermGen space leakage.
>>
>> We have currently a build that contains 337 projects. With M221 I can build
>> all of it in one run in ~11 minutes.
>>
>> With M305 the build runs faster, but I have to continue it two times with
>> "-
>> rf" option, because it runs out of PermGen space.
>>
>> With M31a the leakage is really worse. The build stops because of PermGen
>> space 4 times, where I have to continue manually again.
>>
>> All plugins are locked down, so it has to be related with Maven core.
>> MAVEN_OPTS is "-Xmx1g -XX:MaxPermSize=192m" and I am running "mvn clean
>> install [-rf <name>]".
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jörg

> --
> Dennis Lundberg

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

We all have problems. How we deal with them is a measure of our worth.

 -- Unknown