maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Sievers, Jan" <jan.siev...@sap.com>
Subject RE: Maven 3.1.0-beta-1
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2013 07:49:44 GMT
>Almost zero people have given feedback

tycho has recently adapted to the changes in maven 3.1.0-alpha-1 with version 0.19.0-SNAPSHOT
[1]

All our ITs are passing with maven 3.1.0-alpha-1 and we didn't get tycho bugs reported w.r.t.
maven 3.1.0-alpha-1
Not sure how many people are using it though so you may be right that maven 3.1.x needs more
advertising in order to to find the remaining issues.

Regards,
Jan

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Release_Notes/0.19

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason van Zyl [mailto:jason@tesla.io]
Sent: Sonntag, 23. Juni 2013 17:08
To: Maven Developers List
Subject: Re: Maven 3.1.0-beta-1

I'm just going to cut the 3.1.0. Almost zero people have given feedback and I don't think
anyone is going to look at this until it's released and then I think all sort of issues are
going to surface and I will prepare to fix those. I believe there will be many issues but
this process isn't going to find them.

On Jun 22, 2013, at 7:20 AM, Vincent Latombe <vincent.latombe@gmail.com> wrote:

> OK, thanks for the clarification.
> Vincent
>

> 2013/6/22 Jason van Zyl <jason@tesla.io>:
>>
>> On Jun 21, 2013, at 11:48 PM, Vincent Latombe <vincent.latombe@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have a question about the alpha-1 release. I see that Aether has
>>> been updated to 0.9.0 M2.
>>> Does it implies that issue MNG-2802 (Concurrent-safe access to local
>>> Maven repository) is now implemented ?
>>>

>> No, it does not.
>>
>>> If this is the case, then IMHO this should be mentioned, even
>>> highlighted in the release notes. I think this kind of improvement is
>>> very expected for all people doing CI, as this would allow a major
>>> speed up and reduce storage for local repositories in this kind of
>>> environment.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Vincent

In

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jason

>> Jason van Zyl
>> Founder & CTO, Sonatype
>> Founder,  Apache Maven
>> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
>>
>> A party which is not afraid of letting culture,
>> business, and welfare go to ruin completely can
>> be omnipotent for a while.
>>
>>  -- Jakob Burckhardt

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder & CTO, Sonatype
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Three people can keep a secret provided two of them are dead.

 -- Benjamin Franklin