maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>
Subject Re: Maven 3.1.0-beta-1
Date Sun, 23 Jun 2013 17:49:42 GMT
The Jenkins and Hudson integration require changes with anything related to event spies that
use Sisu or Aether specific classes. Existing versions of Hudson don't work either because
of the event spy implementation requiring bits of Sisu in the sonatype space.

This is expected. It's a major API change which is why I argued for calling it 4.0.0.

On Jun 23, 2013, at 9:17 AM, Dennis Lundberg <dennisl.apache@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jason
>
> I've installed 3.1.0-alpha-1 into my local Jenkins 1.512 instance running
> on Windows. After that I tried a simple build and ran into an exception
> that others apparently had also seen:
>
> https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-15935
>
> Is that a problem in the Maven Integration plugin for Jenkins?
>

> On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 5:07 PM, Jason van Zyl <jason@tesla.io> wrote:
>
>> I'm just going to cut the 3.1.0. Almost zero people have given feedback
>> and I don't think anyone is going to look at this until it's released and
>> then I think all sort of issues are going to surface and I will prepare to
>> fix those. I believe there will be many issues but this process isn't going
>> to find them.
>>
>> On Jun 22, 2013, at 7:20 AM, Vincent Latombe <vincent.latombe@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> OK, thanks for the clarification.
>>> Vincent

>> in

>> install".
>> years

>> no
>> clean

>> find
>> release

>> of
>> cycles. In
>> using
>> never
>> versions
>> HEAD those

>> those
>> by all
>> works

>> projects
>> develop bug
>> set JAR-C
>> to two
>> maintenance
>> module.
>> snapshot
>> affected
>> perfect

>> not able
>> attached
>> snapshot
>> later

>> repo.

>> learning
>> gists, so I

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jason

>> Jason van Zyl
>> Founder & CTO, Sonatype
>> Founder,  Apache Maven
>> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
>>
>> Three people can keep a secret provided two of them are dead.
>>
>> -- Benjamin Franklin
>>

> --
> Dennis Lundberg

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder & CTO, Sonatype
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

To do two things at once is to do neither.

 -- Publilius Syrus, Roman slave, first century B.C.