maven-dev mailing list archives

From Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Should we respin CANCELLED releases with the same version number?
Date Sat, 01 Jun 2013 11:09:17 GMT
from a pure technical perspective, yes: a release is a release

but from recent experience, making such difference between pre-releases and
actual releases could give us some flexibility without much disturbance

from my experience, even if this question is not absolutely scm-specific, git
brings us a new problem we didn't have with svn: once a tag is set on the
canonical repo and replicated on developers' repos, it is not automatically
updated if updated in the canonical

but I may miss some git-fu once again...

Regards,

Hervé