maven-dev mailing list archives

From Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Release process updates
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2013 18:33:42 GMT
Le mardi 25 juin 2013 17:52:20 sebb a écrit :
> And it's not unknown for spurious files to creep into a release
> (perhaps from a stale workspace - are releases always built from a
> fresh checkout of the tag?)
we use the release plugin, which does the release from a fresh checkout (FYI
causing problems for people working in EU, since there is a delay between tag
creation and content availability to subsequent checkout).

I don't know any release from Maven project with unpredictable content: yes,
such problem is unknown from Maven, because the release process tooling is
consistent.

Given this use of the release plugin, I don't see any problem with our release
process (other than theory and over-generalization)

Regards,

Hervé