maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Manfred Moser" <manf...@simpligility.com>
Subject Re: Maven 3.1.0-alpha-1 release notes
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2013 16:03:25 GMT
> I added the Android Maven Pugin to
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/AetherClassNotFound
>
> Do you have any issue tracking reference to link to?
>

> On fixing the issue: I had a very quick look at your poms, and IIUC,
> you're
> using much Aether API directly from your plugin code. With such practice,
> the
> fix won't be easy: it's the same issue as Tycho.

I know. I am already changing it over to the eclipse one.

> For Tycho, the solution being worked is to swith to Maven API and maven-
> dependency-tree component, which provides compatibility layer between both
> Aether versions. I didn't look precisely into your plugin code, I don't
> know
> if this strategy can fit.

It might not. But I talked to many users at Google IO and AnDevCon and
they are all fine with requiring Maven 3.1.0 ... we already required 3.0.3
up so thats not a big jump and I might end up doing that .. and if
somebody steps up and fixes it with a shim for older stuff thats fine but
if not we are okay as well.

manfred