maven-dev mailing list archives

From Mirko Friedenhagen <mfriedenha...@gmail.com>
Subject maven-surefire-report-plugin: why is lifecycle phase validate called for report-only goals?
Date Mon, 27 May 2013 20:02:01 GMT
Hello,

looking at the documentation for the report-only[1] resp.
failsafe-report-only[2]:
- Both goals are invoking phase validate in lifecycle surefire.
- This will trigger for execution of e.g. enforcer:enforce or
buildnumber:create at least twice again.
- Depending on the ruleset, this may cause some slowdown.

I am responsible for a company pom and my developers keep pestering
me, because they do not see the sense why maven is doing stuff several
times (we call clean deploy site in our CI, so using report-only at
least did lead to only one execution of tests for now).

So why is the plugin revalidating the pom again?

Regards Mirko
[1] http://maven.apache.org/surefire/maven-surefire-report-plugin/report-only-mojo.html
[2] http://maven.apache.org/surefire/maven-surefire-report-plugin/failsafe-report-only-mojo.html
--