maven-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache 3.1.0-alpha-1
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2013 10:24:11 GMT
+1 (binding) for 3.1.0-alpha-1

The following issue needs to be resolved before I will vote +1 on a
non-alpha release:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-5470

RAT is reporting the 391 files are either missing license headers or have
not been flagged as files that cannot support a license header. Most of
these are test data files and I would be happy to argue that the test may
require a specific exact content for reproducibility, but the following I
do not feel I can make a case for. I will require these 39 files to be
addressed in some way before the final 3.1.0 release or I cannot provide a
binding vote for the release. (the MANIFEST.MF may be one where a header
does not make sense, but it is a non-generated file)

I cannot speak for the rest of the PMC, but my understanding is that as a
PMC member it is one of our duties to ensure that the source (which is what
the vote is on) has met with the ASF requirements for license headers.

*******************************

Unapproved licenses:

  apache-maven/src/bin/m2.conf
  apache-maven/src/conf/logging/simplelogger.properties

maven-aether-provider/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/repository/internal/package.html
  maven-aether-provider/src/site/apt/index.apt
  maven-artifact/src/site/apt/index.apt
  maven-compat/compatibility.cfl
  maven-compat/src/main/resources/META-INF/maven/plugin.xml
  maven-core/lifecycle-executor.txt
  maven-core/plugin-manager.txt
  maven-core/project-builder.txt
  maven-core/src/main/resources/org/apache/maven/messages/build.properties
  maven-core/src/site/apt/artifact-handlers.apt
  maven-core/src/site/apt/configuration-management.apt
  maven-core/src/site/apt/default-bindings.apt.vm
  maven-core/src/site/apt/getting-to-container-configured-mojos.apt
  maven-core/src/site/apt/index.apt
  maven-core/src/site/apt/inheritance.apt
  maven-core/src/site/apt/lifecycles.apt.vm
  maven-core/src/site/apt/offline-mode.apt
  maven-core/src/site/apt/plugin-execution-isolation.apt
  maven-core/src/site/apt/scripting-support/marmalade-support.apt
  maven-core/src/site/resources/design/2.1-lifecycle-refactor.graffle

maven-embedder/src/examples/simple-project/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/embedder/App.java

maven-embedder/src/examples/simple-project/src/test/java/org/apache/maven/embedder/AppTest.java
  maven-embedder/src/main/resources/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

maven-embedder/src/main/resources/META-INF/maven/slf4j-configuration.properties
  maven-embedder/src/site/apt/cli.apt.vm
  maven-embedder/src/site/apt/index.apt.vm
  maven-embedder/src/site/apt/logging.apt
  maven-model/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/model/io/xpp3/package.html
  maven-model/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/model/merge/package.html
  maven-model/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/model/package.html
  maven-model/src/site/apt/index.apt
  maven-model-builder/src/site/apt/index.apt
  maven-model-builder/src/site/apt/super-pom.apt.vm
  maven-plugin-api/src/site/apt/index.apt
  maven-plugin-api/src/test/resources/plugin.xml
  maven-repository-metadata/src/site/apt/index.apt
  maven-settings/src/site/apt/index.apt

Attached is the full report (if it makes it through the mailing list
filters)

-Stephen