maven-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The archetype/archetype-catalog mess
Date Sun, 21 Apr 2013 07:08:22 GMT
On Sunday, 21 April 2013, Barrie Treloar wrote:

> On 21 April 2013 00:50, Robert Scholte <rfscholte@apache.org<javascript:;>>
> wrote:
> > @Barrie,
> > http://mojo.codehaus.org/mrm-maven-plugin/examples/invoker-tests.htmlshould
> > give you a good start.
> > I'll add something about supported files and how to setup your mockrepo.
> Is
> > there something else you'd like to see?
>
> Remember its been a while since I've gone searching for the docs so
> things may be fine now...
>
> Its more thank just MRM, its how to use the invoker, why you do things
> this way, etc, etc. This is especially useful for newbies as
> integration tests are so useful.

I think what you are calling out for is a better guide on how to write
integration tests for maven plugins on the Maven site.

I am also wondering if it is worth moving MRM into the Maven tree, perhaps
merging with invoker as that would open up some nice synergies, such as
allowing per-test repositories (or even per part of test, e.g.
Invoker.properties could have: invoker.mockRepository.2=...)

-Stephen